Our English instructor Cindy Cook has designed the English Preparatory Course exclusively with this goal in mind!
Students will receive instruction and the opportunity to practice their skills in:
Flexible evening and weekend schedules so you can continue to work while you learn.
This Program Offers:
- Free internal assessment to help students understand what level they are currently at, and what areas they need to focus on
- Flexible/Part-Time schedules
- Allows learners to take as little or as long as is needed to reach the required levels
- Includes official Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test (CLBPT) assessment delivered at our Vancouver campus
- Content and activities that help students prepare specifically for their future studies and career as a Health Care Assistant
Don’t waste any more time wondering if your English is “good enough” and delaying your pursuit of a rewarding career in Healthcare in Canada.
Your investment in the English Language Preparation program includes:
- Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test
- English Language Preparation Program: $360
- LISTENING: Students develop the skills for ACTIVE and EFFECTIVE listening, as well as the skills for clearly expressing what they have heard.
- SPEAKING: Interesting class activities develop students’ ability and confidence in speaking, increasing overall fluency.
- READING: Through reading selections relevant to Healthcare, students learn to be faster and more efficient at understanding what they read.
- WRITING: Students receive individual instruction on what they need to develop their writing skills to achieve a more advanced level.
“We highly regard Community Support Work related schooling/credentials when making hiring decisions. The schooling indicates to us that applicants have some systematic training in the field and are passionate about quality care; this means they are likely to be high performers and stay longer because they fully understand what the job involves. Retention is a huge consideration, those that are likely to stay longer will always be highly sought after as it takes time to build working relationships and relationships with person served.”
“As you probably are aware by now, most of my recent hires are from your college, and I am very happy with the performance and work ethics of your graduates. They are very responsive, caring and have a solid knowledge by the time they enter the workforce.
Kudos to you and to your organization.
With much respect,”
Director of Care
Retirement Concepts Guildford Seniors Village
“Please find attached the attendance and evaluations for all of the students who completed their practicum with us from February 8th – 15th. It was great to speak with their buddies because they all had such positive feedback, and really enjoyed working with the students. We really enjoy having the students here, and we look forward to working with you more in the future!”
Human Resources Coordinator
Greater Vancouver Community Services Society