WELCOME TO YOUR NEW CAREER AS A HEALTH OR SOCIAL SERVICE PROFESSIONAL!
Drake Medox College was created from the growing demand of health care employers (like our sister company Drake Medox Health Services) for Health Care Assistants to meet the needs of clients/residents not only in the facility sector but also in the home support and private home care sectors. Today there continues to emerge even greater demand to meet the needs of our aging population and aging workforce in either multilevel care environments or in their own homes. Since our inception we have gone on to develop Community Support Worker and Activity Assistant Diploma Programs.
The only programs we offer are health and social service related programs. You will benefit from the fact that our entire focus is specialized and our curriculums are backed by over 40 years of experience in the health and social service industries. Our vast connections with Employers, Health Authorities as well as regulatory bodies ensure our curriculums are updated as trends and policies within the industry change.
At Drake Medox College we offer some of the most student focused study options for program delivery and support available in the industry. Combined Delivery of online plus in- class studies or in-class only options are available. Classes are available Saturdays or Sundays, evenings or weekdays; you decide what works for your schedule. Our Support team is ready to serve you six days a week at both our Surrey and Vancouver Campuses.
As a graduate of any Drake Medox College Program, you will be making a difference in the lives of people every day, and your care and support will be appreciated!
The following Drake Medox College Programs are approved by the registrar of The Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB):
- Health Care Assistant
- ESL Health Care Assistant
- Community Support Worker
- Activity Assistant
- Home Service Worker
The Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills & Training administers the Private Training Act and associated regulations. For further information about PTIB designation, please visit https://www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca/
To provide health care education that prepares graduates to find, qualify for, and accept work in the current and future community based healthcare and community support systems.
AT DRAKE MEDOX COLLEGE, WE COMMIT TO:
- Instruct the clinical, practical and theoretical skills required to provide community-based healthcare and/or community support throughout the applicable program course modules
- Develop and offer flexible program schedules to accommodate as many students as possible
- Provide instruction throughout the course modules utilizing instructors with current community based healthcare and/or community support experience as applicable to the program offering.
- Provide practical experience during the program that allows students to practice and develop their skills to support and/or care for clients in different settings
- Evaluate our programs following the completion of each graduating class to identify what improvements can be made for future classes
- Conduct a semi-annual review of community based healthcare and community support services such as home support, group homes, day programs and facility care to ensure our curriculum will cover the skills and knowledge needed for current service delivery.
Our mission is to design programs to produce graduates able to provide efficient and thorough health support and/or community support to a diverse range of multi-ethnic clients. The student is the ultimate focus and beneficiary of our activities. We dedicate ourselves to providing quality instruction and teaching materials and to improving on our program content on an on-going basis. Our aim is to achieve this through the quality of our teaching, research and practice. Our programs are based on a caring philosophy providing students with the skills and knowledge to function as care providers in community based support work and/or healthcare.